24 Mar Passport Photography
At Apeal studios, we know how important it is to get that passport photo right, which is why we use trained photographer to take the image you need. We offer a quick and superb quality instant photo service that only takes a couple of minutes. At Anywhere Photography East Africa studios, we guarantee you a perfect passport photo. Our photos fully comply with all regulations accredited from different countries passport and visa photos services to ensure that images are suitable as per the requirement needed for a Passport approval.
Some countries have specific sizes, and at Apeal Studios, we are in a position to advise on that. A passport creates an identity that we have to prove matches our own. Passport photos can be tricky to get right with all the rules and regulations. Here is some of the guideline of an official passport picture.
In your photo, you must:
- Be facing forwards and looking straight at the camera, having an everyday expression and your mouth closed. Relaxed, natural expressions allow for better facial recognition than one with a smile. Resist the temptation to smile.
- Have your eyes open and visible not have hair in front of your eyes. Your hair can be down as long as the face can be clearly seen. Headpieces such as hats, beanies or hair accessories are not permitted. Headgears for religious purposes are OK if the face is not blocked.
- Not have anything covering your face not have any shadows on your face or behind you, Facial piercings are allowed so long as they do not give off a reflection or black the visibility of your face.
- Not wear sunglasses or tinted glasses. You can wear other glasses if you need to, but your eyes must be visible without any glare or reflection.
- Wear regular daily basis clothes.
- You cannot wear a uniform, clothing that looks like a uniform, or camouflage attire.
- You cannot wear headphones or wireless hands-free devices.
- You can wear jewelry and keep on your facial piercings as long as they do not hide your face. Permanent tattoos are acceptable for passport purposes as well.
- Be alone; No one else should be in the photo with you.
For Photos of babies and children
We make sure they are on their own in the picture.
Children under six do not have to be looking directly at the camera or have a plain expression.
Children under one do not have to have their eyes open. You can support their head with your hand, but your hand must not be visible in the photo.
Children under one should lie on a plain light-coloured sheet. Take the photo from above.
Children under the age of three can have their mouths open, but eyes need to be open as well.
Babies should not be holding toys, bottles, and other objects are not allowed in the photo.
At Anywhere Photography East Africa, we make sure the passport photo has:
No retouching of the picture in any way. That includes red-eye removal or smoothing out blemishes or other skin issues.
No other objects or people on the picture.
A clear contrast at the background.
A high resolution that is not blurry, grainy or pixelated.
No damage with holes, creases, or smudges.
A High quality, glossy paper to print the photos.
Good lighting, so the face has the same amount of light on every part.
Visit us for any of your passport or visa photos of all the embassies in our country.